Re: Mplayer as Quicktime plugin?

Essentually, (I guess for future notice) To get kevin's mplayerplug-in
working with the entirely seperate mplayer project as an embedded media
player for Konq, mozilla, gailon, or opera... You mainly need to be sure
you built mplayer correcly using the correct codecs... also, you need to
be sure which versions of both you are using with each other. If your
using a .9x version of mplayer, you need a .9x of mplayerplug-in otherwise
things like windows media will not work while things like quicktime will.
(I think this change wasn't very well documented, but a security hole was
found and fixed since then) So if your using mplayer 1.0pre3 you need to
use mplayerplug-in 1.0. That's the only thing I can think of in response
to not being able to get it to work with everything other than mplayer
just not having been built to support the format in question at all.

As long as you built mplayer 1.0pre3 with the support of WM9 and QT6/SV3,
the plugin comes as a pre-packaged FC1 rpm http://mplayerplug-in.sf.net or
you can build it yourself by ./configure, make then copy the
mplayerplug-in.so as a standalone file anywhere you have a mozilla plugins
folder like /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mplayerplug-in.so. That's all their
is to it other than deviating from the typical mplayerplug-in support of
just about everything except real media. (but that's all in the
documentation on the plugins project site)

Anyways, it works flawlessly for me as a browser embeded video media
player for WM9 and QT6/SV3. And real player 8 with the rv9 update does the
rest.

--
Michael