Re: Arjan 2.6 kernel soundcard problems

Tim Kossack wrote:

Am Mo, den 22.12.2003 schrieb Jim Cornette um 02:59:

Tim Kossack wrote:

just installed the latest arjan-kernel which works just fine, except
after booting the volume comtrol in the taskbar says "no audio device"
and the big mixer won't start either. after running the
audio-device-test and removing and readdition of the vc in the taskbar
sound is working fine. anyone knows how to fix this, because after ever
reboot i've to do the same steps again...

Sort of a me too. I run redhat-config-soundcard after boot and it detects the card. The mixer then works. The toolbar applet does not work though.

I never tried audio-device-test though. This is true with Dave's development version as with Arjan's 2.6 version.

hi,

good to know i'm not alone. i guess, if the "redhat-config-soundcard"
you mentioned is the gui-tool under "system settings", we're talking
about the same program...;-)(i'm german).

have you tried to leftclick on the toolbar applet _after_ you ran the
test "remove from panel", and then leftclick on an empty space appr.
where the applet was, in result showing a menue where you chose "add to
menue" -> "multimedia -> "volume control"?
works in my case.

let's wait and see if this gets fixed.

I'm not too concerned about the sound applet not working. I just let it "think" that there is no audio device. I hope that it gets fixed with further development withr FC2.

There are others that are having problems loading their sound modules that replied on the fedora-test list. No one has said if they tried to run redhat-config-soundcard or just tried to insmod the related modules.

The program is most likely the same one that you used, with different names. I run it from the comandline through a root terminal. It looks the same program through
System Settings >> Soundcard Detection in the English menu setup.

Jim

--
There is a 20% chance of tomorrow.