Re: Arjan 2.6 kernel soundcard problems

Tim Kossack wrote:

just installed the latest arjan-kernel which works just fine, except
after booting the volume comtrol in the taskbar says "no audio device"
and the big mixer won't start either. after running the
audio-device-test and removing and readdition of the vc in the taskbar
sound is working fine. anyone knows how to fix this, because after ever
reboot i've to do the same steps again...

Sort of a me too. I run redhat-config-soundcard after boot and it detects the card. The mixer then works. The toolbar applet does not work though.

I never tried audio-device-test though. This is true with Dave's development version as with Arjan's 2.6 version.

Jim

--
You should emulate your heros, but don't carry it too far.  Especially
if they are dead.