Asus P4C800-E Deluxe sound problem

Hello List,

I just upgraded to an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe main board and Fedora Core 1.
So far everything works great, but I have a very strange problem with
the on board SoundMAX sound card. I do get sound from it, but Linux and
Windows XP do not agree on what is the line out connector. The board has
three sound connectors: one red, one green and one blue.

I want to connect the card to a stereo amplifier.

In windows I get the sound from the green connector and in Linux from
the blue one.

The SoundMAX FAQ at
http://forms.analog.com/Form_Pages/soundMax/soundMaxSupportFAQ.html
says that the blue connector is supposed to be line in.

I don't like the idea of crawling behind the computer every time I
switch to another OS.

I've googled around and searched this list for some time now without
finding a solution. I didn't find anything in the kernel documentation
either.

Regards, Erik