Re: Newbie: How to upgrade from Red Hat 9 to Fedora from hard disk

I am a half newbie and i've been istalling redhat from ver. 6 upto 9 and fc1, but mainly  boot from  cdrom, and  i can  rawrite to make  floppy to  boot to install as  well , my problem now is I just had a sony laptop that equipped with docking station and both floppy and cdrom were in that docking station which I don't have. For installation of MS XP and other MS OS, I can take the hard drive out from this laptop, use a convertor to convert this tiny laptop type hard drive into a desktop connection and use regular IDE cable to hook up to one of my desktop where CD roms  are  equipped,  then  I copy  the  needed setup  elements (such as entire \i386) into the laptop hard drive, and then hook it up back to the sony laptop, start the installation from the laptop and it's done without problem.
Without  floppy  drive and cdrom,  to install  Red  Hat 9  or Fedora,  what can I do ? I would  appreciate if you could tell me in a little specific way: I've been looking this over the google for more then 3 weeks, most of the mentioned to use loadlin, but unfortunately the proceedure decribed is too difficault for me to understand but could not proceed at all. Seems to me, one of the  must steps is copy all the 3 downloaded iso files  into  the hard drive within a folder, but I don't have a floppy in the laptop! What else do I need to copy into hard drive and use them to start iso install in a laptop without floppy drive and cdrom drive?
By the way, I tried the iso hard drive installation in my desktop yesturday and the result is not working ;
1. All FC1 cd1 to cd3  iso files I downloaded and md5 checked ok, and I burnt the into bootable cds, I used these cds intalled sucessfully in my desktop.
2. With same iso files, I mount the cd1 in a virtue cd rom and copy the rawrite, used it to make boot floppy, then in desktop I copy all 3 downloaded iso files into a hard drive (/dev/hdb14).
3. Restarted the desktop and boot up with the floppy made by rawrite, choose "install from hard drive" and direct it to find the image in hdd14 where all 3 iso files are placed.
4. The install was proceeding about a minute and a message displayed something like "The partition you are going to install is beyond 1024 cylinder and may have boot up problem, continue anyway?" and I choose continue, but al of suddent the machine crashed and reboot.
5. Try boot from floppy again, choose install method "install from hard drive" again, this time different errot message "The 3rd cd number of bite is not equal to 1024, you can continue by installation may fail",  exact description may vary and I don't remember exactly, and I choose continue and the machine reboot again.
In desktop hard drive installation, if I have done everything correctly as decribed above, and  the fact is all downloaded iso files I have already used to burn cds and those cds I had also used for FC1 installation - the result is working even during the installation I checked the cd  first (at begining of installation recommanded to check all cds at least once). I have to assume this is a bug, if so how do I report to appropriate source? I am new in this list.
Thanks.