Re: Downloading updates

On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 00:41, jim tate wrote:
> In RH9.0 I used Apt/Synaptic and everything work great, until I
> installed Fedora and tried to do the same and I get atrpms stuck in my face
>  and when you try to install it, it conflicts with everything including
> it's mother.
> Can apt/synaptic be used without atrpms? I had to reload my laptop because
> of it.
> The channel that is run by Fedora/yum, I guess RedHat has a 386 CPU running
> their update server, man it's slow, is there a faster mirror to get
> updates and
> where in /etc do you make changes.
>
> Thanks
> Jim Tate

Are you using the apt/synaptic for RH9?? Or did you download the Fedora
versions??

I run apt/synaptic too, and it can be very slow at times, but I found it
to be faster than using up2date/yum. Plus I found that if you
download/update files in small chunks, it seems to behave better than
downloading a very large list of files. (Don't ask why?? As I found it
to be better this way).

Also the apt/synaptic mirror, is not redhat, it's from
http://ayo.freshrpms.net/.

Wolf