Re: hotplug & automount cameras and firewire disks

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:40:27 +0000, Christof Damian wrote
> Hello,
> I heard that it should be possible to just plug in a usb camera,
> firewire disk or ipod and fedora will automagically put an entry in
> fstab and display an icon on the desktop.

Christof,

I could be wrong, but to the best of my knowledge Fedora does not automount
these devices. Root must create a mount point under /mnt and also make an
entry in fstab (one time only). After that, right click on the desktop to
mount/unmount the drive (GNOME). By the way, Mandrake 9.2 *does* automount usb
devices, so it must be possible somehow.

Mike Smith
--
Free Internet WebMail (http://www.postman.net/)
Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org/)