Re: Fedora Core 1 Lockup / Caps lock light / scroll lock light

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 03:54:16 -0600
"Steven P. Ulrick" <spu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When I returned about fifteen minutes later, a screensaver was locked up
> on my monitor, and the caps lock and scroll lock lights on my keyboard
> were flashing on and off.  I assumed that it was a screensaver related

The blinking lights indicate your kernel has encountered a problem it
doesn't know how to handle so it panics.    Make sure you check your
log files in /var/log/* for any helpful information.   Otherwise, you'll
have to experiment to see how and when you can reproduce the issue
which may lead to a better understanding / solution.  For instance,
it would be informative to see if the problem occurs if you boot
into runlevel 3 instead of 5.

Good luck,
Sean

P.S.  Any chance you're running with a self-compiled kernel or binary-only
module like the nvidia display driver?   If so, try running with RedHat /
open-source code and see if the problem persists.