RE: IMAP vs Pop3

Dang.. Didn't finish what I wanted to say.. Sorry.. (smiling meekly)

As I was saying..

I know this is a Stupid and probably get asked to 'RTFM' or
"google" it up.. But since I don't have a I-Net conn right now
This mail-list is the best I've got.

So.. Question.

Differences between pop3 & Imap.

I'm running a pop3 server which fetches mail from my Corp Exchange
acc into Linux using fetchmail.

Then I'm getting my emails from the LInux server to my desktop using
outlook. (yah.. I had to use M$ at work)  The thing here is, it's
pretty darn slow. Overnight, mails from this list gets to like 100+
and pulling it via pop3 will take like 1 hour! (for under 1 MB of
mail!) I'm not sure what's slowing things up.

(I used pop3 and pop3s.. both were the same)

Hence, thinking maybe IMAP would help. Is IMAP the type where
you could Browse & read emails from the server and _not_ DL it
to the local machine? BUt if wanted, I could just Drag & Drop??

Maybe that would be quicker.

Thanks,