Re: Power-off - NOSPAM!

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 13:19, Tim Littlemore wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 Dec 2003 12:10 pm, djh wrote:
> > Nigel D Pallett wrote:
> > > I spoke with koolinus via ICQ.
> > >
> > > The problem is caused by something going wrong with their postcast smtp
> > > server on his xp system.
> >
> > I'm tempted to forward all 500+ emails to the idiots that made the MTA.
> >
> > David.
>
> Oh come on! Has it really ruined your day that much?
>
> I can't believe how crazy everyone is going about this accident. ;-)

I agree Tim, however a dialup user can get quite crazy about this
'accident'. ;-)

However, now it seems to be solved and i'd like to bring up the initial
post, about power off, since it is also my problem. :)

acpid and apmd are both up and running, but my almost brand new Dell
machine doesn't shutdown normally: i have to push myself the power down
button to shut it down. This never happened with FC1 on my home system,
a quite old Intel 440-something.

Other users previously reported that a 2.4.23 kernel may solve this
issue, and that the 2.4.22 that comes with FC1 may be the cause for
this.

Anybody tried to compile 2.4.23 and solved the problem?

Thanks

E.