Re: Nvclock

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 05:55, Wolfgang wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 18:57, Gio wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I had the bad idea to try nvclock, which is an overclocking utility for Nvidia
> > videocards, and since I don't have anymore direct rendering with my GeForce2
> > card. I checked all video configuration files (starting from XF86Config and
> > so on) and all XFree packages files but I haven't tried nothing changed among
> > them after running nvclock.
> > Where can I search to have DRI again on my videocard?
> > TIA
> > Gio

    Yeah, Nvidia's DRI is not 'the' DRI, and I've been told repeatedly
that I should remove all references to DRI in the config file.

    I've always felt that my FPS were less than anyone else around;
maybe you're feeling that, too.  I *DID* get a noticeable bump when
trying the new beta drivers, but after running that (and even
re-installing the current drivers, twice!) I'm having serious problems
and getting **5** FPS where I used to get more like 30-40. Weird.

    I'd like to compare notes with ya, perhaps off-list until we make
some kinda breakthrough, if you'd like.  It's not specifically
Fedora-related, so that'd be a better way to handle it.

    OH: I'm using nvclock...I remember a way to turn ON the SBA-thing
but I didn't see it as an option..know anything about that?

Brian FahrlÃnder                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262              Microsoft never invented email; that was Unix.