up2date failed

I have just installed FC1 on two machines (one with some difficulty) and it was running OK on both. I then did the up2date thing selected everything and let it go. It downloaded all the headers OK but one machine had a failure installing one package (error unpacking) and ended up2date. Subsequent invocations to up2date indicate that everything is up to date but things are not updated. For instance gaim was supposed to be updated to .74 but is still at .71. How do I get up2date to re-check the installed packages and recover correctly from the error.

Updating the second machine also hit the same error with similar results.

As always, suggestions would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mike