redhat-config-xfree86 enhancement?

It would be nice if this s/w caught the error happening when the current configuration is out of range for the monitor, and offer to wipe out the config file and start over.

It's not unusual for people to use one monitor when setting up a box and another monitor when deploying, in our case it took a few minutes to realize that deleting the /etc/X11/XF86Config was required to get r-c-xfree86 to do the right thing.

I suppose it would be really neat to detect that X is failing altogether, and offer to wipe (or back up the config) and start the config automagically, but perhaps such a thing is for another day.