Re: Fedora disk label

On or about 2003-12-16 09:16, Benjamin J. Weiss whipped out a trusty #2 pencil and scribbled:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Gibbs" <tbgibbs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 6:38 AM
Subject: Re: Fedora disk label

Here's a Blue Hat. Is it legal?

I don't think so.  As William Hooper pointed out, this isn't just the hat,
it's "Shadowman", which is trademarked.

/usr/share/pixmap/redhat-main-menu.png could be modified, and I think that
*that* would be legal, thought I am not a lawyer.

I note that in /usr/share/pixmaps/redhat/shadowman-round-48.png the image is *not* shadowman, but another copy of redhat-main-menu.png. Presumably done to avoid breaking any links to it, without having to root them all out.

So it appears that the un-adorned fedora with no shadowman is something RH is willing to let be used. I do agree that turning it blue would help dismiss any possible confusion.

--
Fritz Whittington
There is nobody so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have. (Don Herold)