Re: Cheap printer advice

I have the Samsung ML-1210.  Highly recommended.  Working in FC1.

Andy H

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 15:52, Alex White wrote:
> >I need a cheap printer for ocassional
> >use, which are the ones that work with Fedora?
>
> I got a Samsung ML-1210 laser printer for around $200 (can't remember
> exactly, it was probably less.) I chose it because it because it
> specifically mentioned Linux compatibility on the box (OSX too.) I've
> been very happy with it. I've used it with RH 8 through Fedora and it's
> worked flawlessly.
>
> Peter

I have a Lexmark z53. It works quite well, although when I print from
the web in grey scale it prints very very light. This is probably my
frickin' fault though. The Lexmark z53 runs very well otherwise. If
you have Fedora installed already, you can just pretend to add a new
printer and see what printers are supported by the CUPS installation.
But you may not wish to do that. I hear HP has some pretty good support.
There is a website that tell you all about the ability to print with
Fedora as you have it installed now.

Alex