Re: eth0 dont start at bootime

Tim Littlemore wrote:

On Monday 15 Dec 2003 10:10 am, Wolfgang Morawetz wrote:

Hi Tim,
it was not in any runlevel so i add it with "# /sbin/chkconfig --list
network"
So the gui tool for nic does not add it be default.

Hi Wolfgang,

chkconfig --list network won't have added the network service to any runlevel.
You should do a 'chkconfig network on' command to turn it on in your default runlevels.

sorry i wrote the rong command.
i have use "chkconfig --add network" and it works.

I'm actually using RedHat9 so I don't know if this tool is in Fedora, but you can turn networking on graphically yb using the Services tool that you should find in your System Settings menu. You just need to tick the checkbox next to the appropriate service to turn it on or off for your default runlevel.

Ps:
Where do i find the (Admin)Dokumentation?

I don't know the answer to this one I'm afraid. Like I said, I'm still using RedHat 9.

Cheers

Thx a lot.