Re: eth0 dont start at bootime

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 21:10, Wolfgang Morawetz wrote:
> Tim Littlemore wrote:
>
> >On Monday 15 Dec 2003 8:01 am, Wolfgang Morawetz wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>each time i boot fedora i must enable by hand the eth0 device (by the
> >>gui congig-tool).
> >>What must i do to enable the device at boot?
> >>
> >># cat /etc/sysconfig/network
> >>NETWORKING=yes
> >>HOSTNAME=bugs.acme
> >>
> >># cat /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0
> >># cat /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/ifcfg-eth0
> >># cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
> >>all 3 the same output
> >># Macronix, Inc. [MXIC]|MX987x5
> >>DEVICE=eth0
> >>BOOTPROTO=dhcp
> >>HWADDR=00:50:BF:76:39:8F
> >>ONBOOT=yes
> >>TYPE=Ethernet
> >>DHCP_HOSTNAME=bugs.acme
> >>USERCTL=no
> >>PEERDNS=no
> >>

> >Your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 looks ok.
> >What does a 'chkconfig --list network' show?
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Tim
> >

> >--
> >

> Hi Tim,
> it was not in any runlevel so i add it with "# /sbin/chkconfig --list
> network"
> So the gui tool for nic does not add it be default.
>
> Ps:
> Where do i find the (Admin)Dokumentation?
>
> Thx.

Since your using the GUI to reactivate the ethernet card, if you go into
the configuration area and edit DEVICES. There is a checkbox, which says
"Activate device when computer starts", tick this box, and save the
configuration. Then the next time you boot the system the ethernet
device will start. (It's always worked for me)

Wolf