Re: Swap partition

I would just add another swap partition. To give you an idea some of my
bigweb servers have 4 2gig swap partitions. And that is with 2 â 4 gigs
of ram.

What does the box do?

If you are going to do a lot of swapping then you might want to add
pri=0 to the fstab.

Here is what my fstab looks like.

/dev/sda3 swap swap defaults,pri=0 0 0

/dev/sdb2 swap swap defaults,pri=0 0 0

/dev/sda2 swap swap defaults,pri=0 0 0

/dev/sdb3 swap swap defaults,pri=0 0 0

With pri=0 swap will be used on all partition at the same time. When you
do not set pri=0 one swap partition will fill up first then the next and
so on.

But that would be over kill for most people. Only reason I have my swap
setup that way is due to the way apache locks memory when you have 2000+
apache processes running.