Re: HOW TO POST MESSAGES TO FEDORA-LIST

My experience is that when someone tries "crack down" on list members, the whole list suffers for it. It hurts you and it hurts me. There is such a thing as freedom of expression.

It doesn't matter to me how someone writes. Nor do I care whether that person uses correct punctuation or English. I respect a person's style of writing. I do not force my own style on that person; I'll fail anyhow.

What matters is that person's need for help and ideas. That is what the list is for.

Bob

Peter Eddy wrote:

Brian Connolly wrote:

So Open Source really then doesn't equate to open mind.

Ummmmmmmm.  That's too bad.

Brian, all that is being asked is that people on this list try to make it as easy as possible for other people to read their posts. The rules for doing so, which are generally accepted etiquette for usenet and lists like this one, have been posted.

It's not a question of having an open mind, it's a question of everyone else having enough time to sort through messy posts trying to figure out what is trying to be said. Please try to understand that people want to be helpful and contribute here, but they have other things to do as well.

Peter