Re: How to install gnome themes?

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 14:14, Tim Kossack wrote:
> using the preferences->theme-application.
> it installs them, but they don't show-up in the resp. icon-submenue.
> if someone could give me a hint, i would be very happy!

The theme installer places the icon themes into the wrong folder.  The
icon themes are in a separate location from the application and window
themes (for no obvious reason).

Icon themes go in the ~/.icon directory.

gnome-theme-installer incorrectly places icon themes in ~/.themes
directory.

So, if you installed the QNX icon theme from art.gnome.org you'll need
to move the QNX folder from ~/.themes to ~/.icons.  Or, you can simply
use file-roller to manually extract the icon themes to ~/.icons.

Also, beware that a few Window and Application themes on art.gnome.org
install files into the wrong place.  That is the theme maintainer's
fault rather than gnome-theme-manager.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/