RE: Nautilus Scripts

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 13:36, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> Hey Dexter,
>
> 	Like the "Poke The Penguin", Can you send it to me off-list?
sent. note: i don't know the copyright of that. i just got it off of
some web page someone sent me and put it on my site. it was fun. hope
there aren't legal issues to my little fun =)

> 	I tried out your "new Text doc" script, didn't work for me
> unfortunately. Something to do with unary operator "[:="??? I didn't meddle
> with it too much, I found another script that did the same somewhere else.
> However, I would still like to commend you on bringing forth this little
> 'tool' to my knowledge. (I used to complain, why isn't there an option like
> this as I do In windows???)
well i'm new to bash scripting. but did you just happen to run this in a
bash prompt? i got the errors as well when run from bash. but running
from the nautilus right-click, there were no errors. it seems to have
something to do with my if [ $variable == "value" ] comparisons. i'll
probably try to debug this to see what is wrong with this sort of
comparison statement.

> Now, if only I know how to write a "Send to Anywhere", with a pop-up of a
> directory selector.. something like the "enity --file-selection", Now that
> would be cool also.. :)
sounds interesting. i wonder if zenity has this option to simply show
directories; --file-selection just looks too ugly. or maybe configurable
destinations is better (save to a text config file). then show a list of
what's in that text file. =) i might just try this if i find time. any
suggestions would be nice.

dex