Re: New to Fedora (RHL Veteran), kinda confused.

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 18:06, Mike Thrift wrote:
> So, I'm a little confused, but trying to get everything understood.  How
> stable is FC1?  I read the interview on linuxquestions.org and I thought
> Jeremy said it is as stable as RH10 would be, is this the case?  Also,
> what are the base packages based on, did they just take Shrike and throw
> it to the fedora project, or is this just a completely different distro
> utilizing latest versions of software?  I haven't had a ton of time to
> look around, and I appreciate any info anybody can provide.  TIA!!

It's extremely stable and it's an awesome distro. We'll see what the
future holds, though. There seem to be some hell-bent on pushing Fedora
towards a more bleeding-edge setup. Not sure why. Push people towards
RHEL, perhaps? I don't know. I like it the way it is.

Preston