Re: XChat behind nat router

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 09:59:54PM +0100, Thomas wrote:
> How can i get an IRC client to work behind a NAT Router?
>
> I found all kinds of faq on the web regarding dcc behind nat, but i cant
> even connect to a normal chatroom (say irc.freenode.net with xchat)
>
> Hints?
>

> --

Do you have connection tracking functioning? What sort of iptables
rules are you running as well. It could be that you're denying all
inbound traffic on accident, (I did this once and was frustrated for
days lol). Assuming that iptables is set up correctly and your forwards
are correct, and the masquerading is right. You'll need some or all
of the following modules installed:

ip_conntrack
ip_conntrack_irc
ip_nat_irc
ip_conntrack_ftp <---- for ftping not specific to irc support.

If your machines can get out to the internet without a problem, then I
believe that these will be all the modules you really need in order to
get your irc stuff working. I have however, been mistaken before. hehe

HTH

Alex
--
We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we
do, we have a great war of the spirit.  We have a great revolution against