Re: Linux on an Apple

try with darwin or in linuxiso.org check for a ppc distro

Luis Roberto

-------Mensaje original-------

Fecha: 09/12/2003 05:36:09 p.m.
Asunto: Re: Linux on an Apple

>Hi,
>
>I remember something about Yellow Dog Linux, which was made for Macs. But I
>guess any PowerPC-compatible distro would work. Fedora does not provides
>PowerPC binaries, I guess. Maybe Debian.
>

>[]s, Fernando Lozano

Yellow Dog (Red Hat 8 based) works, but it is kind of a waste because
OpenOffice won't allow cut and paste. That put me off it for the most
part, but other than that, it was fine on an iBook. They have a new
version now, so perhaps that problem is cleared up.  Mandrake also has a
PPC version but I couldn't get it to even install on the iBook.

rg