Re: USB Mouse not working with PCMCIA Network Card

Kai, it worked. Thanks.

Kai Thomsen wrote:

Salvio wrote:

Kai Thomsen wrote:

[...]
This most likely indicates an incorrect PCI interrupt (IRQ) routing,
and you should try letting the kernel ACPI subsystem configure it:

Add the option "acpi=on" (although "pci=acpi" should suffice, you'd
be potentially missing other ACPI features) to your kernel boot
parameters, either via the GRUB boot menu or, for a permanent
change, by appending it to the appropriate "kernel" line in
/boot/grub/grub.conf.

Thanks Kai, I'll let you know how that goes... I do not
have access to that computer at the moment and will try
your suggestion later this week.

What do you mean by:

"you'd be potentially missing other ACPI features"

If your hardware and BIOS support ACPI (to a certain extent) and you use "pci=acpi" instead of "acpi=on", you won't benefit from features such as battery and thermal status, battery/power-button/lid event notification, hardware ACPI sleep etc.

Of course, which ones of these work depends on Dell's specific ACPI
implementation and the ACPI support in the FC1 kernel.

--Kai