Re: set no password in a fedora user

Rafa Quintanilla wrote:

> I am using fedora and set two more users, one of them
> my wife. I tried to leave her password blank, but
> fedora wouldn't admit that (altho I have it so in MDK
> 9.2, in the same hard disk). Does anyone know if that
> is possible? How?

useradd newuserloginname
passwd -d newuserloginname

man passwd calls -d diabling the password IIRC. Could be deleting it,
but in any case I have no Mandrake or SuSE or Fedora or Corel or RedHat
users with passwords except root. They're all me under a single roof,
and I don't need protection from myself. :-)
--
"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
                                                John 8:32 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/