Re: set no password in a fedora user

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 04:50, Rafa Quintanilla wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using fedora and set two more users, one of them
> my wife. I tried to leave her password blank, but
> fedora wouldn't admit that (altho I have it so in MDK
> 9.2, in the same hard disk). Does anyone know if that
> is possible? How?

When I create a new userid, I use two commands:
"useradd" to create an id.
"passwd" to set the password for them.

I haven't fully tested this, but I recall that if I didn't
set the passwd, no password was required to log on.

So.... from root:
useradd wife

or, from your own id, get root privilege by using "su -" (no quotes,
then you'll be prompted for the root password. After adding your wife's
userid, use "exit" to return to your id  privilege level.

"wife" is now a valid userid with no special privileges.

Don