RE: Question about connecting to the net through a winxp machine

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 13:34, Sponger wrote:
> I cant ping the xp machine....how do I turn on masquerading on xp?

If you have to NIC's in your XP machine and you want to "share" your
internet connection, you open up Network Connections. Then right click
on your Internet connection (whichever NIC it is) and share that
connection (I think through it's properties, then select "Share this
internet connection"). It will make the other NIC a DHCP "server". So
you enable your other machine to get addresses via DHCP. And reboot
everything for the sake of brevity. So basically what happens is

[Linux Box] --> NIC2 (dhcp) [WinXP Box] NIC1 (shared) ---> Internet

Is this how you want it? I'm sorry if my "illustration" doesn't look
easy to read.

dex