Re: howto: firewall for ppp interface only and accept all eth-traffic

Jack Bowling wrote:
On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 05:06:47AM +0100, A.J. Bonnema wrote:

Hi guys,

I read your advice on using firewall tools, so I started using firestarter. Now I have the following problem. My network has two internet connections I might use:

1. eth1 = internal traffic + traffic from the internet through a physical router/firewall

2. A connection through my telefone line which I will use if the ADSL connection is down.

So what I need is for all traffic from the eth1-card to be accepted and all traffic from the telefone line to be scrutenized by the fire wall.

Using firestarter, does anyone know how to do this?

Best place to ask is on firestarter-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
However, as far as I know, the current version of Firestarter can only
handle one interface. The next version will be able to work with more
than one.

Ok, Tbanks for your reply. I'll just have to wait then.

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)