Re: NVidia GeForce MX 440, XFree86 NV driver, and dual-heads

Brian Fahrlander wrote:
On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 00:57, Exile In Paradise wrote:

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 23:13, Tyler Lane wrote:

AFAIK, TwinView is only available using the NVIDIA binary drivers.

For all of the experimenting I have done today, I have come to the same unhappy conclusion.

I appreciate the answer, even if its not what I was hoping to hear.

I have been wrestling a hard lockup problem (which never happened on the
same box under RH9)...

[snipped]

    Just curious; it sounds like you've checked everything, but NVidia
lockups are just so darned rare.

Agreed, I have been running the NVIDIA binary drivers at work and home for well over a year, both in TwinView configurations, and I have had no instability due to the NVIDIA binary drivers.

    How're ya set up for AGP modes?  Have you studied which agpgart
you're using?  That's probably the most likely reason for it to mess up.

    Like I said, it seems like something you've surely already checked,
but I'd hate to see you unhappy with something that's been so VERY
rock-solid for me.

Good Luck with it!

-- Tyler Lane <tlane@xxxxxxxxxxx> Lyrical Communications