Re: Jave 1.4

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 15:32, Sponger wrote:
> That line is already there.....what should I do with it?

Well, I actually meant for you to try to run that line after you have
killed all processes using RPM (they might kill themselves if you run
the command though...not sure).  It seems restores the RPM databases
back to a usable state after the databases get locked up.  It normally
works for me anyway.  The bit in parenthesis was referring to where the
line comes from.  Most people are scared to run anything that involves
'rm -f <some_filename>', especially when it sounds like the database:

rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*

Cheers,

Daniel

--