Re: Question about lack of MP3 support.

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 13:27, Steven W. Orr wrote:
> Under KDE, I should be able to use Konquerer to look at audiocd:/ and see
> what's there in wav and mp3 format. Is the removal of that functionality
> accomplished via a patch in the original src code or is the functionality
> completely removed from the src file?

I'm only guessing here, but it'll probably fix itself if you install the
lame encoder.  I'm sure MP3 support isn't build inside KDE itself.

If you have yum installed with some additional repositories, try:
yum install lame

Otherwise download from here:
http://yarrow.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=117

I'm not sure, but there might be some addition dependencies installing
lame.

Cheers,

Daniel

--