RE: Running RAID in a Fedora System

All RAID rebuilding can be done from the BIOS on the adaptec RAID
controller as one option,  BUT this required you to bring the
system down and then wait for the rebuild to complete before
booting again.

You can also set up the adaptec controller to see the new, working
- replaced drive as a hot spare and usually set up the controller
to do an automatic rebuild. This would allow the rebuild to take
place after the system re-booted.

You don't mention what adaptec controller you have??

Seth

SCSI/RAID