problem with mppe after kernel upgrade

Last week before I upgraded the kernel I followed the directions on http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto-fedora.phtml and was able to connect to my company's VPN.

After upgrading the kernel (using up2date) this didn't work, so I went back to the site and tried to follow the directions again, but when I tried to install the kernel module for 2.4.22-1.2129.nptl I get a 'segmentation fault'.

After googling and searching this lists archives, I'm still lost.

I tried to use rpm -U instead of install and it just hangs ... does nothing and I have to kill the process.

I also tried to use rpm -e on the old kernel module and it hangs up and I must kill the process.

Any other things I should try?

Lisa