Re: xcdroast and HP writer

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 12:17:23 -0500, Glenn wrote
> I have an HP 9500 CD writer that working fine in RH 7, 8 and 9 but
> Fedora only recognizes it as a reader.  The scanbus identifies the
> writer correctly and the config file shows the correct device, etc.
>
> cdrecord does not exhibit any of this issue.  I have used xcdroast
> -d10 and the result indicates that xcdroast to detect the HP writer
> and thus defaults to assuming it is a reader ONLY.
>
> Anybody had a similiar experience?
>
> --
> Glenn Simpson VE3DSP
> Hamilton, Ont
> email: gsimpson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[snip]

I'm not sure if this will help you. But do you have the 'hdc=ide-scsi' on your
kernel loading command line. From what I understand, is that Xcdroast and
other CD buring software no longer require this, as they are able to access
the drive directly via IDE, but I have configured my system this way (Fedora
did not set this up by default, where RH9 did). So maybe this is why Xcdroast
doesn't see you CD-ROM drive as a burner.

Wolf