Re: why sendmail and not postfix? (SMTP_AUTH branch)

At 17:20 12/4/2003, you wrote:
On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 16:57, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> While you're at it, make sure you enable SMTP AUTH to prevent people
> abusing your system as an open relay. See my HOWTO on this specific subject at:
>
> http://www.simpaticus.com/linux/sendmail-smtp-auth-howto.html

    I appreciate the link; I've tried this a couple of times and never
seemed to work it out.  I suppose now it's steamlined.  I'll give it a
try!

I would greatly appreciate any feedback you can give. I want to make sure the document is 100% error-free, and I want to expand it to cover webmail, checking mail with POP/IMAP, and other operating systems. So any comments you can make are most welcome.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx