A4 printing continuity

Hi,

This may be a question more suitable for a KDE mailing list, but I've
first noticed this on Fedora, so here goes.

I use A4 paper, as opposed to the default US Letter paper on my
printers. When printing from say something like kghostview and I select
A4 paper format, if I feed it through the N-up filter, it seems to
ignore the A4 paper format request.

Is there somewhere on the system where I can set the 'definitive paper
size' to A4 and hence I don't have to bypass filters or do a lot of
things by hand?

Thanks in advance
--
Burn Alting <burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>