Re: avoid nvidia?

Charles Curley wrote:

I just installed Fedora Core 1 on an nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2
MX/MX 400] (rev 178) on an ASUS A7V8X-X motherboard, and I have
exactly one video glitch, which may be motherboard related. I'll
research and document it in detail and post to the list. The Fedora
Xfree86 "nv" driver is doing just fine once I get X running.

I have a GeForce2 MX/MX400 and it has a slow load on RH9. The white screen hangs for about 30 seconds, and logins and mozilla windows are very slow for a machine with 64M video ram and 1/2G regular ram.

OTOH, I've only installed base stuff and the Nvidia drivers from their website. Still getting the process down before I switch to FC.

ciao!

leam