Re: diald and on demand dialing

At 08:10 12/3/2003, you wrote:
I've noticed that good old 'diald' is not being included in any package
repository.  Is it because there is another way of doing on-demand
dialing for a PPP connection that I am not aware of?

Yes. "pppd demand call myisp" will establish the link on demand. See "man pppd" for lots of other details.

On the same subject, can the standard PPP dialers included in FC1
restablish the link if it goes down?

Now you want "pppd demand persist call myisp". Again, see man page for much more info.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx