Re: "reverse"-ssh ?

dnrlinux@xxxxxxxxxx ("Don") writes:
> So, effectively, from my work machine I'd initiate a session at the
> other end (my home). When I got home I could continue working on the
> machine that's in the office.

man ssh, look at the -R options. If you open a tunnel like this, you
should be able to connect back to your workplace using the -p when you use
ssh.

Ex:
At work: ssh -R 2048:localhost:22 myhome.mydomain.com

At home when the tunnel is open: ssh -p 2048 localhost

Clear?

--
Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer              E-Mail : mathieu@xxxxxxxxxxx
       Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately