Re: Downloaded ISO's

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 06:13:36PM -0700, Alan Remick wrote:
> I downloaded the ISO's and burned them to cd's. I tried rebooting to the
> cd and get nothing. I am a n00b at linux and have always installed linux
> with cd's from a distro boxset. I want to stay current and uptodate with
> the distros and currently use redhat9. I am requesting help on what I
> need to do need to install the fedora cd's to my computer.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

What does "burned them to cd's" mean, exactly?
When you look at the contents of the CD, what do you see? Do you see:
1) one file named <something>.iso, or
2) a bunch of files, including directories named "images", "dosutils"
and the like.

if the former, you didn't burn it in the correct way. You need to tell
your cd burning software that it is to create a CD from a disk image.
Depending on what software you use, the particular buttons you need
to push will vary.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
                         While we were still sinners,