Re: flagged to be skipped ?

Michael Kearey wrote:

Arturo Duran wrote:

Hi,

I've just checked /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date,

and read ALL lines referring to "pkg".

I still have the question

What is "skip" supposed to mean?

The default setup/configuration of up2date is to 'skip' the kernel package. Probably to prevent an unattended installation/upgrade of your current running kernel.

To install the updated kernel do as the others in the thread have said (Read)

I prefer the commandline up2date over any GUI..

up2date -i kernel --force will overide the 'skip' and install the kernel (Leaving the original still available to boot from of course)

Cheers,
Michael

Thanks! This is what I needed to know :)

AP