Re: xmms & evolution

Alexandre Strube wrote:
He's not the only one :-)

I used to have a "killall esd" icon here just to unlock mozilla from
time to time... Now gone, since I'm using alsa :-)

Well, I have an sblive, so my /dev/dsp can handle multiple sounds at once... which means I hate alsa because it's needless complication, and I hate esd because it's awful (XMMS's little visualisation window is out of sync with the music when it uses esd). So, gaim uses command 'play', and everything else uses OSS output, as far as I know.