Re: Questions from a Newbie

I guess you should also go for Fedora through an
upgrade with some added caution, as compared to a
fresh install.

In any case, I've been running RH9 on 2 systems,
happily convinced with 95% of features (one of my
systems is a very temperamental Samsung X10 laptop).

I must tell you I (and many others, I suppose) are
concerned at the fact that Red Hat is no longer
officially "behind" Fedora, but seeing the amount of
issues and solutions posted in this list, it is very
probably safe to stick to good old Red Hat,
"disguised" as it might be in the shape of my trusty
(so far) Fedora.

You can always leave some empty space in your HDD for
a second Linux.

Just my two cents

Regards,

Arturo