Re: flagged to be skipped ?

Hello, Christopher,

I am afraid your second answer is equally useless, and
I am convinced you should know why.

A dictionary provides meanings for words, and LIMITED
information ONLY about usage, which is a totally
different term altogether.

Usage, in turn, implies meaning PLUS context.

This implies that someone with limited knowledge of IT
(my case) would understand the word "SKIP", but would
certainly not understand "IN WHAT SENSE?".

My initial question, reworded so that it is
unambiguously understood, would be:

I UNDERSTAND WHAT "SKIP" MEANS, BUT what does it mean
when applied to a kernel upgrade using up2date?.

I am afraid your CONTEXTUAL reading skills may lack
some flexibility.

BTW, I am a professional interpreter and translator of
English/Spanish since 1983.

Please do not reply again quoting the message provided
by the system: it is most definitely NOT
self-explanatory, otherwise your answer means that I
would have posted my initial question with the
intention of wasting everybody's time, including my
own.

Arturo Duran
BSc Hons(Astrophysics, St Andrews Univ., UK), MSc, MBA

 --- Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert@xxxxxx>
wrote: > Am Di, den 02.12.2003 schrieb Arturo Duran um
16:10: