Re: Chinese support

Gordon Messmer wrote:

I normally avoid the .i18n file entirely, leave the language support at English (since that's what should be the default), and create icons for the applications I need in Japanese (should be able to do the same with Chinese) that launch like this:

env XMODIFIERS="@im=kinput2" LANG=ja_JP.eucJP gedit

This way, the xinput (kinput2) program runs all the time, and only applications which I've specifically set up an icon for will use it. If you set up an icon for a terminal, you can use that to start other Chinese locale applications.

This is what I want. But how to let the xinput (kinput2) program "runs all the time"?
In my situation, I use xcin to input with traditional chinese, and I think the solution is the same with xinput or kinput2. I started gedit with LANG corectly, but I could not type words except English in it (that is, no xcin).

Can you explan the method more detail?
Thank a lot.