Disabling feature in Metacity

Could someone please point me in the right direction? I need to find out
how to disable the window redraw feature in RH8.0's Metacity? This feature
dramatically reduces performance when used in conjunction with high-res GIS
images. Should you have to resize the window while that feature is enabled,
it redraws over an over again until it reaches the desired window size. On
sawfish, there was a way to disable that from the front end but I can't
find where you would do that on Metacity. Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron