Help?.... Fatal Installation Error

Hi All,

I'm attempting to install RH9 on a system. RH has been installed before, and was running fine. Currently the system is running XP with no problems. I get the following error:

==================
There was an error installing XXXXX. This can indicate media failure, lack of disk space, and/ or hardware problems. This is fatal error and your install will be aborted. Please verify your media and try install again.
==================

The reason I filled in the XXXXX is that the install stops with this message at various points. Of the 7 or 8 attempts I've made to install, it's not stopped on the same package. Additionally, I've attempted the install via 2 sets of CDs, and also via HTTP and FTP. The HTTP and FTP installs were done from fresh .iso files downloaded from a mirror. In the case of the CD installs, it doesn't matter whether I use the DVDROM or the CDROM.

The first set of CD media I tried has been used successfully to build multiple other systems, so I'm assuming there is something the installer does not like with the system? The only change to the system since it last ran RedHat was an upgrade from 512meg to 1024meg of RAM.

I'm trying to install on sdc. /boot (100meg) on sdc1, swap (512meg) on sdc2 and / (the rest of sdc) on sdc3. Grub is my bootloader of choice and is on sda. This has been working before, with both RedHat and Gentoo.

System spec:

Asus P3V4X with BIOS rev 1003
PIII 1Ghz
1024Mb RAM
Matrox G400 Max Dual Head
Adaptec 2940U2W
sda = IBM 18Gig 10k Ultra 160
sdb = IBM 18Gig 10k Ultra 160
sdc = IBM 9Gig 10k Ultra2
hdb = 36x CDROM
hdc = DVDROM
hdd = LS120 Floppy drive

Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Karl

http://www.messagelabs.com