Re: An official trademark policy for CheapBytes-type RHL CDs?

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, James J. Ramsey wrote:

>IMHO, what is needed is some trademark policy that
>specifically allows CheapBytes, etc. to name future
>RHL CDs in a non-obfuscatory fashion, so that
>potential RHL users can actually *find* the CDs. Maybe
>a trademark specifically for CheapBytes and similar
>resellers, i.e. "Downloaded Red Hat Linux"?

I think someone said very early on that this was being worked on but it
would take a while to make sure it was a 'valid' policy in the eyes of
US and International Trademark law. I wish whoever is doing this luck..
I got a migraine on trying to read a 'simple' last will and testament
with all the parties, side restrictions, etc etc.

--
Stephen John Smoogen            smoogen@xxxxxxxx
Los Alamos National Labrador  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 5-8058