Re: Wireless PCMCIA nic for Red Hat 9 ?

Thank you all for your answers. I'm going to use the 1150, as I've had success with it before.

- Aaron

Aaron Bennett wrote:

Hello --

I'm looking to buy a wireless card for a Dell laptop running Red Hat 9. I've tried a Cisco Aironet 350, and it won't work. (by "work" I mean my users' defination of work, not mine. It needs to plug in and be configurable 100% by redhat-config-network-gui.)

Does anyone have a solid suggestion? I know that cards based on the orinoco chipset *should* work, as should intersil cards. What I need is a brand/model. I'm going nuts looking through resellers' sites trying to figure out what card is based on what chipset. It's maddening, in fact.
Thanks,

Aaron

--
Aaron Bennett